This past week has been a lot different than the first couple of weeks we were down here. I think we've finally found a good balance for now. Monday, they added a new diuretic to her regimine. I think it is working. She has started getting rid of fluid on her own with this diuretic. Man does it make a difference in how she feels and acts when she is more comfortable. She has been full of smile and very chatty this past week. It has really been great to finally have some positive results from our stay down here. They have tweeked little stuff through the week, but they didnt do much because we don't want to rock the boat.
Her labs on Thursday did get us a few more PELD points so she is now up to 35. They also broadened tha age range of donor that she is able to accept. With these 2 things we are really hopeful that we will get a liver soon. All the doctors and nurses and of course I have been very pleased with how well she was doing this week. I even heard mention of possibly being able to go home this coming week. Last week, it was just the opposite. We were just resigned to being here until transplant happens so it is good to hear that they are reconsidering.
No comments:
Post a Comment