So last night after I posted, I got to hold my little angel before we went to bed for the night. It was wonderful. This was the first time since I handed her over to the anesthesiologist on Friday. Man, I had missed holding and snuggling her. I also forgot to post yesterday that Ryan was pretty sure he got a smile out of her. I didn't get to see it so I guess I'll just have to work on getting one of my own.
She actually did really well during the night. She had morphine at about 8 last night, again around 3 and then again about 6:30. She slept better than I was expecting.
This morning, she was doing so good that they removed her catheter and she was able to eat .5 oz. She has been fed through her IV since surgery. Poor thing thought she was starving. Now I get to feed her every 3 hours increasing the amount by .5 oz each time. So far she seems satified with that small amount. Of course anything is probably better than nothing. I have held her several more times today and just enjoy snuggling her carefully and looking into those big bright eyes.
Oh shoot! My little green eyes are welling with tears! I am so happy for you and your little trooper! She has been through so much, and is just so amazing! I am SO glad you got to hold her! Now, no putting her down for the three days you missed out on! = ) Love you girl, and thanks again for the update! Can't wait to get together again, so I can hold that little miracle myself!
ReplyDeleteJanessa told me you guys are headed home today!!!! That is great news! I am so glad your little angel is doing so well! What a trooper! I just wanted to wish you the best. There is nothing more precious than snuggling with your baby!
ReplyDelete-Julieanne